The Point Measurements layer is designed to visualize discrete sensor measurements over the location area. The steps to create data visualization are below:
Who has access to the Point Measurement Layer?
- Enterprise subscriptions only
- Please reach out to Support (Support@dronedeploy.com) or your CSM for more information
Download CSV Template & Upload
1. Import the CSV file using the ADD button in the Layers section of the Explore tab:
2. Select Point Measurement (CSV) and download the template and import point measurement in a preformatted way.
- The minimum amount of data columns are Value; Latitude; Longitude.
- Timestamp is optional and should be formatted in YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS
- Once the CSV has been processed into the project a Heatmap, created with default scale, will populate in the Layers section of the EXPLORE tab:
Customization & Cropping
- Change the scale by clicking the CUSTOMIZE button and adjusting the color schema
- Each layer can be renamed with the measurements name and units of measurements
- Crop functionality is designed to crop the visual representation of a dataset to the desired area:
- Reports can be generated directly from the measurements tab or from the reports page:
- What kind of data can I visualize?
While point measurements layer was developed having methane concentrations in mind. The layer will visualize any data as long it has the measured value, latitude & longitude of the measurement location. All visualizations should be in WGS 84 Web Mercator.
What are some known limitations?
This layer doesn’t tell the user at which altitude the gas is present, only an overall concentration of the gas over the 2D area.
Increased concentration is not always exactly above the source of the leak. While data analysis users will have to use their knowledge and additional data like wind speed and direction to assume the source of the leak.
- What CRS should the latitude & longitude be in?
All visualizations should be in WGS 84 web Mercator.
Can I import multiple measurements?
Yes, as many as you need.
- Can this map identify the leak intensity?
Unfortunately no, it is more of a qualitative analysis
- Where do I get the template for the measurements import?
You can download the template directly from the ADD button in the Layers section of the EXPLORE tab in your project.
- Can I add comments to the report?
Yes, we’ve created the Report page to be completely flexible and allow adding any additional information you may need to go with the report.
- What sensors does the visualization support?
The analysis layer is sensor agnostic. However, that means that once you retrieve the data from the sensor it has to be formatted in Value; Latitude; Longitude columns to be visualized in the Point Measurement layer.