Before anything else, it is IMPORTANT to know what you need to do before leaving the house to fly!
- See our Supported Drones and Supported Devices articles for information on compatibility with your aircraft and operating system.
- See here for a full list of supported drones and see here for a full list of supported mobile devices.
Step-by-Step guide on setting up for flight:
- Check that your mobile device OS and DroneDeploy and DJI Go Apps are fully Updated.
- Check Drone Firmware in DJI Go/Go4/Flight app.
- If flying in an internet-deprived area ensure all flights are downloaded for offline use prior to leaving for the flight.
- In the Field, Confirm Flight Readiness and ensure the correct flight mode for automated flight is selected for your drone.
- Calibrate drone compass and IMU(if necessary).
- Complete In-Flight Safety Precautions. (RTH settings, C2 link loss fail safes, Home point calibration, etc.)
- Help Promote a Strong Signal between Drone and Controller. (Maintain VLOS - Visual line of sight with the drone at all times with little to no obstructions that could affect the C2 link - controller and drone link).
- Maintain readiness to take manual control of the drone throughout the mission.