Good news! DroneDeploy and StructionSite have united! This new unified product will have both aerial capture and ground capture in one platform.
As the first step towards this unified platform, users can toggle between DroneDeploy’s aerial capture abilities and StructionSite’s ground capture platform.
The following article will show you how to link a DroneDeploy and StructionSite project.
How to Link a Project
- Open DroneDeploy
- Find and select your project, at the bottom of the page, click on the StructionSite icon labeled as new.
- The StructionSite window appears. Click “link a project”.
- Enter your project URL from StructionSite then click “Link project”. Check out the FAQ section for instructions to find your StructionSite project URL.
- Next, click on “Go to StructionSite”.
- When you’re in StructionSite, click the DroneDeploy banner at the top and the following window will appear:
- Click link a project and enter the corresponding DroneDeploy project ID. Check out the FAQ section for instructions to find your DroneDeploy project URL.
- Your projects should now be linked!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is project linking available to all customers?
This is available for AEC customers only. Additionally, if you already use DroneDeploy Walkthrough then this will not be available.
How do I find my StructionSite project url?
The StructionSite project url can be found on the Drawings page. For example:
In the example above, the following link is the project url: https://app.structionsite.com/projects/b03fe901-fb76-4a03-884e-01463d6ff677
How do I find my DroneDeploy project url?
The DroneDeploy project url can be found when a project is selected. For example:
How can I unlink a project?
To unlink a project, you will need to unlink it both on DroneDeploy and StructionSite.
In DroneDeploy, navigate to the project settings by clicking on the gear icon on the top right. In the project settings side panel, select StructionSite.
You should see the associated StructionSite project you’ve linked. To unlink the project, click the trash can icon located on the top right of the panel.
To complete the unlinking, go to your project in StructionSite and navigate to the project settings on the left toolbar.
Then click unlink to disconnect from the DroneDeploy project.
Click the linked button on the DroneDeploy integration card.
I’m unable to link a project, what do I do?
- Ensure that you are using a project URL in the correct format. Refer to the “How do I find my StructionSite project URL?” or “How do I find my DroneDeploy project URL?” sections above for instructions on the correct URL format.
- The StructionSite or DroneDeploy Project you tried linking has already been linked to another project. To check if a DroneDeploy project is already linked, navigate to your project and click the project settings at the top right. You’ll see the project settings section appear. Click StructionSite then you’ll see which StructionSite project was linked.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance here.