IFC Visualization: How To
3D IFC Visualization is available during Open Beta for Advanced, Teams, and Enterprise subscriptions.
In this article, we will explore:
- General IFC information
- How to add a 3D IFC layer to your project for:
- Visualization (open beta)
- FAQs and Limitations
What is an IFC and how can it apply to my DroneDeploy project?
IFC models are a commonly used file type for the exchange of CAD information. They often represent architectural, structural, and infrastructure designs. IFCs can be geo-referenced for automatic alignment.
During the open beta you can now do things like visualize underground utilities, architectural BIM models, and structural slab-on-grade elements layered on top of your 3D aerial data in DroneDeploy.
How to add the 3D IFC as a Layer in a Project:
- Navigate to the relevant project, in the Layers pane select Add
- Select Model/Design Surface
- Select your IFC for upload.
- Confirm Upload (DroneDeploy will attempt to infer CRS and automatically align the 3D overlay.
- Navigate to 3D view
- Under overlays, toggle on the desired IFC to be viewed.
- The IFC file must be geo-referenced, please export IFCs from your CAD application in the same coordinate system as your project.
- Today, IFC visualization is only supported in the 3D view.
Have any Feedback for the DroneDeploy team?
- Feedback can be shared directly with your Customer Sucess Manager or Support@dronedeploy.com