How to connect the Insta360 Supported Camera to the DroneDeploy Walkthrough mobile app
Only compatible with iPhones. Please see our full list of Supported iOS iPhones here. Compatible with Insta 360 One R, Insta 360 One XandInsta 360 One X2.More devices coming soon!
Connect your Insta360 Supported Camera using these steps:
1. To avoid conflict between the Walkthrough app and the Insta360 app, make sure the Insta360 app is closed and not running in the background.
2. To initiate this process, in the Walkthrough Mobile app, tap into a project and follow the prompts to connect to the supported 360 camera's Wi-Fi
4. If you encounter an issue where the camera is not connecting automatically once following steps 1 and 2 you will need to then Navigate to your mobile device's settings and select WiFi.
5. Choose your Insta360 cameras WiFi network, which will resemble this format: ONE X2 M8QJST.OSC. Then, enter the camera’s password, The camera's password will be shown within the Insta360 camera app and consists of 8 digits.
6. Return to the Walkthrough app. You will see the camera's WiFi credentials fields have auto-filled. Our app memorizes these credentials for subsequent connections. Press the "Connect" button and, after a few seconds, you will receive a confirmation message that the app has connected successfully to the camera and the next view will be the project view for you to begin capturing.
Please note that, out of the box, the Insta360 cameras might not be compatible with Walkthrough mobile app without first updating the firmware due to the multiple updates that would have been released since that firmware version the camera has at that time. For steps to update your Insta360 camera firmware for 360 capture, click here.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com