Counting with DroneDeploy is simple. Our customers are counting all kinds of objects, equipment, and anomalies across a variety of markets.
NOTE: Our counting features are only available on desktop and laptop devices. This is due to performance limitations on mobile devices.
How to get started
- You'll see a new icon in the desktop data page, as part of your annotations toolbox: “Count”
- Click the icon and start counting by clicking on each item you want to count.
- Click on an existing marker to remove it. The quantity will be shown in the sidebar.
- Click the check mark or the back button to complete (and exit) your count.
- Choose an appropriate title, color, and check the quantity counted here:
You can start a new count or other annotation at any time by selecting from the normal set.
You can delete the count like any other annotation.
Counts you make on your site will now appear in the annotation report. When viewing a map you can click Export > Reports> Annotation report
They appear as follows:
DroneDeploy has developed capabilities to automatically count a variety of common objects, and we are able to build models for your specific needs.
DroneDeploy’s Count AI is an Enterprise Platinum feature which automatically identifies objects in the orthomosaic, allowing you to rapidly identify and locate hundreds or thousands of objects in your maps. The first counting modules that we are making available to our enterprise customers are car and orchard tree counting.
In addition or cars and trees, Count AI can be trained to identify and quantify almost anything in your maps. Customers have asked us to count solar panels, swimming pools, corrosion, valves, and oil and gas equipment.
This product is not currently under further development. If you're interested in this feature, please discuss your use-case in detail with our team. If you are a new customer or trialing DroneDeploy, contact our enterprise sales team now.