Data on Demand access must be provided by your subscriptions accounts team. Once access is provided, the option to "Request Flights" will become available.
1. Create your DroneDeploy project.
2. Plan your map(s), photos, videos, panos, etc. all within the same DroneDeploy project.
3. When all plans have been created, select "Request Flights" from the left-hand panel. This is where the ordering process will begin.
4. Enter additional information that is relevant to the site in the 'Special Instructions' field. You can also add a Purchase Order Number if applicable. Remember our pilots are instructed to follow the flight plans explicitly unless safety or FAA compliance is a concern or directed otherwise on-site. If there is a restricted flight zone, that is good to include, but the Data on Demand pilots checks the airspace the day before the flight as well.
If entering a long piece of information in the 'Special Instructions' field, it is easiest to type that out in a separate document or note, and then paste it in the text field. Typical things to include might be: obstacles to watch out for on-site, launching or takeoff areas, job site trailers, relevant check-in information, other contact information.
5. Enter site contact information (name and phone number). If you are the main contact,
enter your information.
6. Once you submit your flight, your information is sent directly to the DroneDeploy Services Team to dispatch and schedule.
7. You will get an email (within 24-48 hours) notifying you of the scheduled date.
8. If any delays or changes in the flight date happen, the DroneDeploy Services Team will respond to that email with the updated information.
9. After the flight is completed, the data will be uploaded directly to your project.
10. DroneDeploy will send you and anyone shared on the project an email when each map/media file is processed.