DroneDeploy users can now use Procore to seamlessly import their drawings as an overlay, export their DroneDeploy maps directly into their Procore account, and sync DroneDeploy issues with Procore Observations
Connect to Procore:
1. Login into Procore (must be an Admin in Procore), click "Select an App", and choose " App Management".
2. Search for DroneDeploy and install it on your account
3. Navigate to your DroneDeploy dashboard and click on the App Market icon on the left side of your dashboard. You can then search for the Procore app in the 'All Apps' section.
4. You can search for 'Procore' in the 'All Apps' section. Please be sure to click it and click 'Install for Organization' to add it to your account. Don't see the option to Install? Reach out to your CSM or email@example.com for assistance.
Adding Procore drawings as DroneDeploy Overlays
1. Navigate to a DroneDeploy map and press “Add” next to 'Project Files'.
2. Click on the Procore tab in the new overlay modal and sign in with your Procore account.
3. Select your Procore Company and Project to see your list of drawings.
4. Select a drawing to import or preview a drawing before import.
From here, you can go ahead and add your overlay using our normal worfkow. More information can be found in our Overlay CAD Files with DroneDeploy document.
Auto-sync DroneDeploy overlay drawing revisions from Procore
Step 1 - configure your admin connection. If you are not an admin, contact your DroneDeploy admin to help set this stage up.
Step 2 - Navigate to your project settings in DroneDeploy
Step 3 - Select the Procore company and project that you would like to synchronize to and toggle on "Auto-sync drawing revisions"
Step 4 - now the drawings that you import from Procore will always stay up to date with the latest revisions.
Exporting Your DroneDeploy Map To Procore Photos
- Navigate to the export page for a DroneDeploy map.
Step 3 - Choose the AutoExport option and click Create New.
Step 4 - Choose the Company and Project to send the map to, and select the map layer and resolution.
Step 5 - Press the export button. You will receive an email when the export is complete. You should see the map available in a photo album named “DroneDeploy”.
Auto-sync your progress photos to Daily Logs
Step 1 - Navigate to your project settings in DroneDeploy
Step 2 - For auto-sync, you will want to make a connection with an admin account that has the necessary permissions to the Procore project you would like to synchronize your progress photos to. Press "Manage DroneDeploy org settings" to set up your admin connection if you have not set it up already.
Step 3 - Select the Procore company and project that you would like to synchronize to and toggle on "Auto-export Progress Report photos"
Step 4 - Test it out by uploading progress photos with "Create a Report" under the upload tab
Step 5 - you should now see your progress photos attached to the correct daily log in Procore! You can even see them in your photo albums under the "DroneDeploy" folder.
Step 1 - Install the Procore App and Configure your admin connection. If you are not an admin, contact your DroneDeploy admin to help set this stage up.
Step 2 - Navigate to your project settings in DroneDeploy
Step 3 - Select the Procore company and project that you would like to push Observations to
Note: Connecting to a project can take up to a minute. If after that time you still don’t see the ‘Connect to Procore Project’ button change to ‘Send to Procore’, please review the FAQ at the bottom of this doc for troubleshooting tips, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4 - Now, issues created in DroneDeploy can be pushed to Procore Observations via the ‘Send to Procore’ button, along with a deep link back to the relevant DroneDeploy issue for visual context in the description. DroneDeploy allows you to select from the Observation types available in the selected Procore project. Once linked, DroneDeploy issues can be viewed and edited in Procore via the ‘View in Procore’ button.
Configure your admin connection
In order to leverage auto-sync, you will need a Procore admin account to facilitate the synchronization between the two systems.
If you are not the admin of your DroneDeploy organization, please ask an admin to complete this task.
- Navigate to your organization settings
- Navigate to your app management page
Step 3 - Sign into your Procore admin account and you're all set!
We’ve updated our Procore Embedded App such that your entire project team in Procore can view your DroneDeploy project data with no login required, by entering a public share link in the app configuration.
Additionally, enterprise customers on Projects pricing may choose to embed either a single date, or full-project (Site-Based Users Only) DroneDeploy public share link depending on your needs.
Please follow the steps below in order to update your DroneDeploy Embedded App and configurations in your Procore projects, and share DroneDeploy site reality with your entire project team - no log-in required!
iFrame a Specific Project
Steps to Update your DroneDeploy Embedded App in Procore:
1. Navigate to App Management from within your Procore project
2. If you're updating a previous iFrame, select the DroneDeploy App, select ‘Uninstall’, confirm, then select ‘Reinstall’.
3. Select Create a New Configuration, and paste the public share link from your desired DroneDeploy project into the ‘DroneDeploy Public Share Link’ field
Note: Enterprise customers on Site-Based pricing may choose to embed either a single date, or full-project view-only link of DroneDeploy depending on your needs.
Troubleshooting Potential Connection Issues
1. Ensure DroneDeploy is updated in your Procore Environment.
2. Check the permissions of logged-in administrator
3. Ensure you're using the correct Public Share Link (otherwise known as View-Only)
4. Re-try the connection
If you continue to have issues, please reach out to email@example.com