Creating identical annotations is important for change-over-time mapping. For instance, if you have piles changing on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis you may want to consider copying annotations from map to map. This can be done natively within our app!
How does it work?
- Select the first map and pile you'd like to measure and create your initial measurements. We can think of this as Map #1. When you fly the site again, you will have a second map that you can now copy annotations to.
- Navigate to the map you wish to copy annotations to. In this case, it is Map #2.
- Go to Annotations and the option to copy annotations will be at the bottom of the menu.
- You will want to select the annotations that you wish to copy from one map to another. In this case, all annotations have been selected.
- Finally, from the drop-down menu within the Copy Annotations field, select "Copy selected annotations to" and then select the appropriate map date.
You now also have the ability to import annotations from a selected map into a current map. This is done in the same way we copy annotations; simply select that option from the drop-down menu.
Congrats! You have now copied annotations from a previous flight. Now, when you compare those measurements, you will be comparing the same area, location and volume, thus resulting in the most accurate change-over-time calculations!
You can now duplicate your Annotations within the same map!
- Highlight the Annotation you would like to duplicate by clicking on the Annotation on the map
- Click on the Duplicate button (middle button) on the top of the left side panel - this will automatically duplicate your annotation on the map!