Using Organizations to accomplish more with your drone data
Now that you have Created an Organization, it is time to add members and collaborate. It's quick and simple to do.
In your DroneDeploy dashboard, click on
Preferences in the sidebar.
Manage next to Organization. Then click on the
User tab in the sidebar of the next page.
To add a member, navigate to the top of the
Users page and click
Add user via email to begin typing the email address of the team member you wish to add.
Verify that the email address is typed correctly. Once verified, click the blue
Add User button at the end of the typebox to save as a user in your organization. This will automatically trigger a welcome email to be sent to your colleague.
The newly invited user will now appear as a registered user under your Organization. They will have one of the following statuses:
You can further customize the user's access by changing his/her role (Member/Admin) in the Org States column.
You can also use this section to review the project access the user has, as well as their ability to fly or upload data.
What permissions does each user type have?
Admin can add/remove users in an organization, see all equipment, pilots, reports, change preflight checklists, change branding.
Can Edit can upload, edit, share, and comment on data in any project or folder they have access to. They can also delete empty folders or projects that they created (e.g. by mistake).
View only can view data in any project or folder they have access to. They cannot upload or process new datasets.
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Customer Success Manager.
What can Organization members access?
As the Organization owner, you control the user access.
Enterprise Organization members:
- Can upload drone data to create maps.
- Can view maps that you have shared with them. They cannot see the maps in your account unless the maps are shared with them.
One of your clients is a long-term contract, and you would like them to access maps and data exports through the DroneDeploy portal.
Adding your client to your Organization means that they:
- Will see only maps you share with them as well as any annotations (such as volume measurements) you make on the maps. They will not see any maps you do not share to their account.
- Can export the maps in their account.
- Can create new annotations on their maps.
You are your company's main pilot and drone data analyst. You would like to share your findings with others in your company and give them access to the maps.
Adding your colleague to your Organization means:
- They will see maps you share to them, as well as annotations on the maps.
- They can export the data on their account.
- They can create and annotate new maps.
- They will not see maps that you have not shared with them. This is useful in order to organize multiple projects by team.
Please contact email@example.com or your Enterprise Customer Success Manager with any further questions!