What is Live Stream?
Live Stream is very simply that - a live video stream of what the drone is capturing during flight. It provides a secure real-time video stream from a drone’s eye view to team members, decision-makers, or emergency response teams. The live stream is sharable and viewable to others within the project or folder.
What benefits does this provide?
Live Stream provides improved communication and context, especially for viewing issues or emergency situations in real-time to off-site engineers, first-response teams, executives, and Command and Control Centers.
Live Streaming helps with faster response times and resolutions, allowing your team to quickly identify issues or gauge the severity of an emergency to provide the appropriate response.
Live Stream Workflow
- Tap Live Stream icon on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click Start Live Stream
- A streaming link appears, copy to send link to others who have access to the project
- Other project or folder members can click the link to be taken to the live stream video
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who has access to the Live Stream?
Organization members within the same project will have access to the live stream.
2. What drones and mobile devices are compatible with Live Stream?
At this time, Live Stream is compatible with most DJI drones including Phantom 4 and above and newer iOS devices. Live Stream is very computationally intensive. A fast device is needed to operate Live Stream to the best of its ability.
Live Stream is a program that requires a powerful processor and ample RAM to work properly. Device suggestions are:
- iPhones: iPhone 7 or newer (Sept 2016)
- iPad: iPad Air 2 or newer (Oct 2014)
Officially Supported Drones:
- Mavic Pro, & Platinum,
- Mavic 2 Pro, & Zoom,
- Inspire 2 (Zenmuse X4S only)
- M200/M210/M210-RTK (Zenmuse X4S, XT1, XT2)
- *modified cameras are not supported
3. Does Live Stream work without cell reception?
No, you will need a cellular reception.
4. Will Live Stream videos be saved within the project?
Not at this time, but we are looking at adding this feature in the future.
5. How do you get a recording?
The recording will not be available in this program.